March 22, 2010

Clear Need to Write…Gibberish

Greetings from the deep end!

It is 10:41pm and Aryll is awake for feeding time, she is four days old and sleeping very well. All things considered, life is great. I wanted to write this evening to get my mind calmed but I don't have anything to write about. There isn't anything on my mind at the moment. I don't have any pet peeves or epiphanies to work out. So then, rather than spout gibberish for a few hundred words and wasting everyone's time, I have chosen to write about…writing.

It may sound weird but I think that writing is a bit like having a comfy office chair. I have a comfy office chair; I keep it in my living room. It isn't really an office chair. It is a green chair with white stripes, or is it a white chair with green stripes? Guess what? IT DOESN'T MATTER! It is a cute chair where I can sit comfortably and relax. Writing, for me, is the same. It is a place to be comfortable, to work out my thoughts and feelings. I wouldn't go as far as to call it therapeutic because that would be admitting that I need therapy. I am not crazy. Who said that? Anyway, I often feel that I get caught up in the craziness of life and don't take the time to really consider the ramifications of what is going on. I don't feel that I take enough time to smell the roses and when I do smell them I don't take enough time to really take in the smell. To notice what it smells like, to notice the depth and richness of the flavor. To touch the pedals and feel how soft and silky they are. See, it is not enough to smell the roses. When you only smell in passing, the experience never makes it past the sensory part of the brain. One must process life to remember, to enjoy, and to experience it. That is why I write. So I can process what is going on. So I can take a better part of current events with me into the future. Too much life is lost when we don't take the time to properly enjoy it. Often I may just write gibberish, and that is okay. It is through writing gibberish that I can relax in the comfy chair of my mind.

1 comment:

  1. that's why i write too. my only problem is that i don't have time to write. and when i do, the words come out jumbled and it never makes sense to other people. i try to let people into my mind but none of them can ever make any sense of it so... i stopped trying.

    ReplyDelete