October 21, 2010

Eetsa Mario!

Greetings from the deep end!
Ya, we bought a house with a giant pipe in the front yard. It looks a little dopey but we've got that covered. We bought a little plastic Mario (from Super Mario Bros.) and put him in the front yard next to the pipe. All questions about why we have a giant pipe in our front yard will be answered instantly through a simple visual as people drive by. "Why do you have a giant pipe in your front yard?" people will ask in their minds. "Wouldn't you have one too if it meant a direct line to Mario World?" will be our immediate visual response. Yep, this house is pretty cool.


On top of that, have you, dear reader, ever found something that wasn't made for you that seemed like it was made EXACTLY for you? That is this house for me, Pam and the kids. On the upper level it has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, laundry room, kitchen, dining room and living room. The upstairs alone is almost 200 square feet larger than our last home was in total. Then there is the unfinished basement. The total measurement of the new house not counting the garage (that we didn't have before) is somewhere around 2800 sq feet. Wow. This house is perfect for us, it was specially ordered by someone who ordered everything exactly as we would have if we had ordered it ourselves. Then, after ground was broken and the builders were past the point of no return, the contract fell through. Pam and I had our eyes on this house before the walls were up. When we moved to Rapid City it was a frame and siding. We watched it build as we prayed daily for our house in Sheridan to sell. Some 6 weeks after moving to Rapid the house went under contract again. We were sad but believed that God would bring us a better house, though we couldn't imagine a nicer one for us. The day before our Sheridan house went under contract the contract on this house fell through. One week later we had a contract on it.


The last month in the RV was difficult, but totally worth it. In retrospect. If the me from now talked to the me then like I am writing here, past me would probably hurt the now me pretty badly. If you can understand that sentence, you are as big a nerd as I. Congratulations! Welcome to the club. 


So, here I sit in my perfect living room next to my perfect kitchen, in my perfect house with my perfect dog sleeping on her mat next to the TV writing a blog in my perfect comfy living room chair, inviting you to drive by and see what God can do. Just look for the giant green pipe with the little plastic Mario out front :)



No comments:

Post a Comment