August 25, 2010

Up To My Elbows

Greetings from the deep end!
Have you ever been up to your elbows in anything? I have been, and currently am, at this very moment. Here I sit in my RV/Home in the living room/bedroom/kitchen/play room/TV room/sitting room/dining room/dressing room/office/driving area with toys, blankets and baby clothes, up to my elbows. Does it sound like I have a rant waiting just under the surface of my skin? Does this installment of “The Deep End” feel like it may be about to explode into an angry observation on the negative situation that I have found myself in? Well, it may feel that way but that is not how I feel. Not today anyway. Today I am content. Usually on days where I feel content I have nothing to write about. No funny story to tell about falling into a pond and finding a fish in my pocket later. No rant about how the boy got me up entirely too early. I’m not going to share about cooking, as I haven’t cooked for real since before we moved to Rapid City. Nope, today I have nothing to write about. So then, I guess I will write about all of the injustices I have suffered today.

So, I woke up this morning at 8:00am when the kids woke up. Of course the little punks just cuddled and played until 9:00am. Don’t they know that today is Tuesday and mommy and daddy rely on their little alarm clocks to get them up sooner?

Then I get to work on time and ready for my day only to find that coffee has already been made. Don’t they know that having coffee first thing when I get to work is the worst way to start the day? I get all awake and produce a high quality of work. This coffee first thing in the morning thing must stop.

I got home for lunch at 12:02 after a very productive morning at work (stupid coffee) only to find that the kids were happy, lunch was ready and the plan was for me to lay down with Xander after lunch to put him so sleep. Great, I got to eat lunch with my family then I was forced to take a 20 minute nap so that the BOY could get his rest. Wonderful.

I woke from my nap, put my shoes back on and went to the weekly prayer and staff meeting. I had a wonderful time. Dang it. Staff meeting is supposed to suck! How am I supposed to be relevant if work doesn’t suck? I am being robbed of the basic American right to loathe going to work.

So, then, I return home at my leisure and spend a couple hours playing with Aryll and working on my computer playing with video while Pam and Xander take care of the laundry and get some more movies out of storage. Pam brought back “Happy Gilmore”. Life is just so frustratingly good right now that it is bad. We have come full circle.

Then, just a moment ago Xander interrupted me. UGH HE IS SO ANNOYING!!! He came over with a toy and asked me to play with him. He was kind and cute and didn’t scream or cry. So of course I was forced to spend time with the interrupting monkey and play crocodile with him. Of course he would be respectful of Daddy’s writing time and stop playing without a fight a few minutes later. So frustrating.
It is with that thought, dear reader, that I will leave you with. Even when we are “up to our elbows”, with the right perspective, we can still find something to grump about. Now, where is that crocodile puppet, Xander is just screaming for a good tickle.

1 comment:

  1. Don't get up in the middle of the dark night and step on a toy on your way to the bathroom.....:-P

    ReplyDelete